During pregnancy, we often get so focused on the birth that we are left unprepared for what comes after baby is here. Or, expectant grandparents assume you will follow their lead even though a lot of the guidelines have changed with new research. This prenatal Newborn Care class can help you begin to envision your parenting style while learning about some best practices for early parenthood.
The fee for Newborn Care is $95 per couple (expectant parents or expectant parent plus one support person). Please check out the Calendar of Classes to check for upcoming availability.
In a single group session, we will review:
- What happens immediately after birth
- Normal newborn appearance
- Newborn procedures and tests
- Dressing and grooming
- Soothing a crying baby
- Baby Wearing (wraps, soft structure carriers, slings, etc.)
- Sleep and sleep arrangements
- Activities with your baby
- Expectations for the first weeks and months (the fourth trimester)
Expectant parents will gain skills and confidence for the early days and weeks at home with your newborn.
Newborn Care is also available as an in-home private class.