The fee for Childbirth Preparation is $375 per couple (expectant parents or expectant parent plus one support person).
Expectant parents can look at the Calendar of Classes to check availability.
We will cover:
- Health and wellness in the third trimester
- Signs and stages of labor
- What is happening in your body during labor and birth
- Reframing attitudes toward labor, a natural and healthy process
- What to have in your home and pack for a planned birth facility
- Activities for early labor
- Communication with your care provider
- Natural pain coping measures including positions, movement, rebozo techniques, acupressure, hydrotherapy, footwork, breathing, vocalization, visualization, etc.
- The role of your partner and/or support team
- Technology and potential medical interventions (epidural, c-section, pitocin, etc.)
- Reasons for hospital transfer and procedures and protocols
- Positions and techniques for pushing
- The early hours after birth and early breastfeeding establishment
I also offer in-home Private Childbirth Preparation for expectant families. Private classes are individualized to your specific situation. Information is tailored based on the type of pregnancy (first or subsequent pregnancy, planned VBAC, twins, high-risk, etc.), care provider, and planned birth location. In one or two private sessions*, we will practice labor pain coping strategies in your own space and focus on your specific questions and concerns, in addition to going over the nuts and bolts of what you need to know for late pregnancy, birth, and a smooth postpartum transition. If you are interested in private classes, please e-mail me at email@example.com or call (929) 278-5829.